Help With RSS Feeds

The real benefit of subscribing to an RSS feed from a site is that you no longer need to visit the site itself to stay up-to-date on what's being discussed. You might be quite interested in the new message series here at ridgeviewchurch.net, but are you going to pop over to the site every day? I doubt it, especially a month from now.



Subscribe to the RSS feed, though, and your RSS Reader will do all the work, showing you only what's new since the last time you've checked the RSS feed. And that's the real value of RSS: to be able to stay current with dozens or even hundreds of Web sites, quickly and efficiently. I am now able to keep up with a number of different sites/blogs all at once, without really wasting away my entire morning to do so.

There are many programs to choose from, like the new Microsoft Outlook and Apple's latest Safari browser. However, the category of RSS reader I prefer is Web-based, and of the different choices, my favorite is the free Google Reader. There are a number of reasons why I prefer a Web-based reader, but the main one is that I can stay up-to-date on the 40 web pages I track from any Web browser, anywhere, even an Internet café or borrowed laptop. It's also elegant, fast, simple, and easy to master.

The following video does a great job explaining the benefits of an RSS reader.



original video source

That's basically it. There's no way I could keep track of half the news and weblog discussion I do without my RSS reader. I promise that once you start using an RSS reader, you'll never look back!

If you have any further questions please email info@ridgeviewchurch.net